Welcome

Live simply.

Grow naturally.

Love greatly.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Challenge #3


For me, winter is the hardest time of the year to get outside regularly. Shortened days, overcast weather, plus the whole process of bundling up the kids to keep them warm sometimes seems like too much of a hassle to deal with. Of course, once I’m outside, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I love the pink cheeks, the windblown hair, and the deep breaths of cold fresh air. I love the smell of the outdoors that lingers on the body and clothes after going back inside. It is always eye opening to find, once I return, a house that is hot with stale air.

Here is another challenge for those of you who are looking for a reason to get outside. The photo essay that follows is a walk we took looking for the colors of winter. What colors can you find in your neighborhood? 

Yellow Green Moss found wedged between a rock wall
Red Nandina Berries
Yellow Dandelion
Burgandy?? wild boysenberry branch
I was surprised by how many colors showed up on the pine tree trunk after color enhancing through photoscape
Orange leaf from unidentified weed
 Blue, gray and white from the winter sky

No comments:

Post a Comment